Friday, July 30, 2010

We're Leaving NJ!

Some high humidity came thru yesterday, so Gary and I decided to take Bob’s car (with permission, of course) instead of the Jeep out to Reading, PA. That is where we need to get our transmission fixed, and because we will not be staying for any radiation, we can leave whenever the Alison dealer can fit us in. August 10 was the earliest, so we have a week to get ready to leave.

It will seem so strange to get on the road again. We will have to refer to our departure list, as I’m sure we’ve forgotten how to do half the stuff required. I think Bob is ready for us to go. He seems to be in a groove now, and I will leave him some freezer meals, although he does know how to cook. He has made some future plans for some fun, so I think he will be OK. We need to hurry down to Florida as quickly as we can so that Gary can get whatever treatment he needs before we apply at Disney for jobs, so it won’t be a leisurely trip, but I don’t know if we’ll stay only one night in each campground… we’ll see. My stomach is flip-flopping already. I think part of that is excitement. That’s my story, and I’ll try to stick to it.
Tomorrow is my brother, Kirk’s, birthday and he is cooking up a big fish fry. I made some of my aunt’s macaroni salad mixed with tuna and celery. That will be a blast from the past – but the REAL blast will be what I have made for his birthday present. Tune in to see his reaction to that!

Low humidity sailed down from Canada last evening, and we spent another night air-conditioning free. It’s supposed to be spectacular tomorrow (lucky Chelsea and Marc) so we’re looking forward to seeing everyone in the backyard. Ahhhh, summer. How I love it.

Gary worked on the electric dog fence, and when he gets that solved, I get to train Molly. This Bob told me because he doesn’t want Molly to hate him. I understand; I’ll be the bad guy.

I worked on a list of things that needed to be done before we go, and also places to stay on our route home. I made a reservation at Pine Hill in Kutztown for next Sunday thru Tuesday when we put Bella in for service. I R-E-A-L-L-Y hope that the leak is something simple and they can fix it in one day. Ya’all hope with me, OK?

We’re really looking forward to our trip home, staying in Raleigh a few nights to visit fam and friends, then somewhere near a radiation center to get rid of this stuff on Gary. Sheeeeeesh. From there, we will drive to various CGs near Disney World to choose our wintering site. As soon as we get home, we will put in our applications. I’ll keep you all posted, and thanks for following us!

No comments:

Post a Comment