Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Off to See Louisa



This morning was warm and cloudless, so we were up and on the road by 9:30. However, getting dressed, Gary noticed a 3 inch inflammation where I removed a tick about a week ago. I looked at my spot - it was a small red dot. A quick call to our favorite nurse confirmed we needed to make a trip to a medic. Our drive to our new campground, Small Country Camping was in Louisa, just east of Charlottesville. We arrived around 12:20, unhitched, jumped in the jeep and drove the few miles back to find an Urgent Care whose brochure I just happened to pick up at check in. We hadn't eaten since breakfast, so getting gas (we already got diesel (ouch)) we stopped in McDonald's and I noticed an Ambulance parked in the lot. Looking around, I found two paramedics in a booth. They were sweet and gave me directions to the exact brochure location. Fifteen minutes later we were in the waiting room of the UC office, and waiting room was the operative word here. We did wait - over an hour, but we both walked out with the same prescription for Doxycycline, twice a day for three weeks. This antibiotic makes you very sun-sensitive, so we need to cover and use sunscreen for the next three weeks - bummer.
We like our campsite- although out in the open we have free internet, 50 amp, water, sewer and Direct TV - all for a great low price. I sound like a salesman, but it is really a good deal. The only drawback was the 7 miles from the interstate to our site on teeny-tiny roads again. I'm telling you, I love only RED ROADS. This is a RED ROAD. Nice, huh?
Tomorrow we are going to do some sight-seeing - Monticello, Michie Tavern and Ash-Lawn Highland.

No comments:

Post a Comment