Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Whistle While You Work

Wednesday we had a day off so decided to wash the awnings.  Our main awning is 20 feet long by 8 feet deep.  It's made of woven acrylic in a beige color, so it shows all the bird poop and dead bugs and mold.  Last year I had a problem with mold but finally used enough bleach to clean it up.  We've decided that as much as we love trees, we should park only partially under them.  They really do make a mess on your rig, as I'm sure you all know.

I climbed up and did the upper four feet, then Gary did the lower four feet and the awning over the living/dining slideout, while I did the awning on the bedroom window.  It was another lovely hot day, and the water felt good, so we kept on washing the edges of the slide outs, then the Jeep, then just for fun, I did three loads of laundry.  Ahh, but I hung out at the pool next door to the laundry room for an hour and a half and cooled off in the water. 

Thursday we headed over to St. Pete for our work day, and Gary unplugged drains and fixed Lance's watch.  I did my usual cleaning and we got out of there at 3:30.  I'm not doing much tomorrow, that's for sure.  Gotta give these tired old bones a rest.

Gary got a socket last year to fit the hot water heater tank, but now needs the right size shank to fit on the wrench.  Of course, it's in Sarasota, so that little chore will be postponed for a while.

The water dispenser on the fridge stopped working.  Huh?  It's so new!!  Oh, the screw behind the thing-a-ma-jig needed adjusting.  All's OK now.  We're not thrilled with the taste of the water here.  It leaves a white deposit on the dispenser, so we're not going to change the anode until we get to a place with better water.

Saturday we went to a large flea market in Lakeland to look for a couple of things:  a new visor for me - check: $1; a ratchet shank for the wrench - check $5 ('Made in America'); fruit and veggies - check: strawberries, blackberries, avocado, greenbeans, cauliflower, cabbage, squash and tomatoes.  I wish they were organic, but the price was too good to pass up, so I'll wash them extra well.  BTW, did you know that to give your berries a longer life, bathe them in 10 parts water to 1 part any kind of vinegar for a few seconds, then drain and refrigerate.  You won't taste the vinegar, but it kills any kind of mold spores that have hitched a ride.

Two days until we find out what's next as far as Gary's continuing treatment.  He looks soooo good, that I took a photo of him in Exit 10, where we had lunch today.  However, the photo was terrible, so I'll show you a photo of the car show that was going on in the parking lot.  The black 67 Chevy Impala SS was Gary's first car.  Not, the car, because of the engine, but he had one of those. 
My first car was the color of the lima bean Ford on the left.  It actually was a Ford Falcon stick shift.  It was hideous: the back door handle was broken off, it had a very weird ordor when the temperature rose above 75 that we never could identify, but it got me to school and work, so I was grateful.  Also I could fill her up with $5.00.  Boy, those days are over...

Gary's going to do a little grilling tonight.  He really wanted some beef on the barbie, so he'll enjoy that.  I'll stick to veggies and my bean and rice burger.  Till later...

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the tip on the vinegar and water..I didn't realize that...glad Gary is looking 'good'...sure hope he feels good also...

    ReplyDelete