Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Friday is chemo day.  Off we go at 8:15 to get a blood test and then wait to see the Dr., and then they tell Gary whether he can have his treatment.  His platelets were good, so off he goes to his 'private room' , gets hooked up and sits there for 4 hours.  I usually read.  And I finished a good book about Vietnam called the Lotus Eaters on my Sony Reader.  Finally 2:30 rolled around and we headed home.  Gary fell onto the couch while I did some work.  But he felt a little nauseous, so took a drug his Dr. prescribed last month for nausea.  Well, it turned out to be a coma in a bottle.  He fell asleep while I made some eggplant parmesan.  Dinner time came and went so I finally woke him up at 9:30 with some soup.  Then he went right back to sleep.

Saturday morning he was still a little groggy, but I had to get to the camp office to start my second day of training.  Elaine was there and we began the process of opening windows, catching the cats (one hid for 10 minutes), opening the register and our first guest was at the door at 9:15.  Elaine was kind enough to hang out with me for a couple of hours and then she left. Here we are: 

I was on my own, and managed just fine until the CG owner came in.  She decided to 'help' me at the register, and it got really messed up.  But she said it was her fault, and she took total responsibility, said she would figure it out later, and then left.  Gary visited a couple of times and bought me lunch.  A worker perk is we get to do our laundry for free, so he brought all our wash over because our washer is not drying.  What a great time for a laundry perk!  Around 6:30 Elaine and Alvin came back and showed me how to close up and we got out of there around 7:30.  Another long work day.  I never had worked two jobs at once in my life.  Who knew I'd be doing this at my age?  Is there something wrong with this picture?  LOL  But it's pretty awesome when you think about it.  I'm doing jobs I like, and don't have to do them forever.  I can get a job anywhere in the nation for a few weeks, or a few months.  Then we leave, and it's OK, because they expect you to leave. 

Sunday morning and we're off to Dollywood in our little outfits by 9 am.  I didn't have to start work until 11 am, but I rode in with Gary hoping they'd put me in sooner with him at Sausage Works.  No such luck, and they moved me to a drink stand that I would have to close.  It was not terribly busy today, but steady.  I was supposed to work 11 to 5, but worked 11 to 6:30.  Gary left for home when he got off at 4:30 and came back to pick me up.  We had breakfast for dinner tonight - quick and easy and yummy.  And I'm hitting the sack any minute now, because tomorrow we're FREE TO PLAY!

Another day in our lives...Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment