Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Whistle While You Work

We have been working since Thursday which is why I haven't posted. We get up, eat breakfast, do a couple chores (like wash work clothes), dress and go to work. Then we come home, crash and get up the next day and do it all over again.

Yesterday was a 10 hour day for me, but I did enjoy it. I was selling MiniMelts (Dolly's version of Dippin' Dots, the tiny little balls of ice cream) near the newest thrill ride: The Barnstormer - dueling giant swings. A might noisy, I must say, as my ears rang long after the ride closed. I had to close the register by myself, which involves four forms, three cash bags and a calculator. It took me 45 minutes to make sure I had it right and then another 15 minutes to get down the mountain to the "bank", make my deposit, put the forms in the correct place and clock out. Gary was waiting for me, dear hubby, and was really worried that I had been swallowed up forever. He had finished up at 8 and had been waiting all that time.

Anyhow, we have to work today and tomorrow. Gary has chemo on Tuesday and I'm getting a haircut, we work Wednesday and Thursday, but have Friday off. Boy are we looking forward to Friday. We are working 5 day work weeks again and sure wish our paychecks reflected that. But the money sure is nice, even if it is a couple of nickels we can rub together...

So if you don't hear much for the next couple days, you'll know we are working and whistling all the way to the bank. Someday soon I hope I'll have something interesting to tell you. Hang in there...

3 comments:

  1. Hope you guys don't have to work that hard all summer! Save some time to play too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. I feel your pain! And, summer is not even here yet! Can you take tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really understand the long days and weeks...but just think of all the valuable skills you are learning. It won't be long before you will be ready to run a cash register at Home Depot ;o)) Oh, I know a job that, hopefully, will be available in the near future!!

    Just be sure to do some stretching as standing those long hours on concrete can really take its toll!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete