Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Shopping Day (Again)

Donna came over this morning and announced that she had just received an email from Christopher and Banks (a clothing store with really cute clothes) that the whole store was 50% to 70% off. Yippee skippee! Come one, boys, drive us there! Well, I did a little damage, and Donna did a little more than me, but she needed new clothes. Now, a rule of fulltime RVers is that if you bring one thing in your RV, you need to take one out. Otherwise you will have to spend a whole day purging all your belongings because you are over your axel weight. And every RVer knows how dangerous it is to be over GVW. So she brought over some of her clothes that she thought I’d like, and sure enough, I did! So now I have to get rid of some things. Maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow, Gary and Ron are going to empty our hot water tank, remove the anode (the rod that slides into it to draw corrosion and lime from the inside of the tank) and replace it with a new one. It’s very, very rusted, so we’ll see what happens. Maybe I’ll get some pictures of that – I’m sure you’ll be terribly interested. But I haven't included pictures since New Year's Eve.

We are having so much fun with Donna and Ron. We do things together every day. I think RVers in general are a really cool bunch of people. Before beginning to fulltime, we joined an organization called Escapees. It was started in 1978 by a couple wondering if there was a club for RVers, would people join. Today there are over 32,000 members. They offer support, parking opportunities, knowledge and education, fun and adventure and a chance for people with a common interest to bond together in groups called BOF (Birds of a Feather). Since Gary and I are baby boomers, we decided to join the Boomers BOF. Apparently it’s a rockin’ group that have a lot of fun meeting in anywhere for anything anytime. That’s my kind of group.

We checked with Publix to see how Gary’s application is doing. They will be hiring the middle of January, so we are keeping our fingers and toes crossed. With diesel at a record high around $3.28 gallon, we are sooo glad we are not moving. I hope it goes down before we leave Florida around the middle of March.

Tonight, after shopping for shoes at the outlet mall, I defrosted some chicken parmesan which we had with salad. Then we played a word game for a while, and called it quits around 10. Tomorrow we will be meeting some new RVers that are friends of Donna and Ron for some finger food at their place.

No comments:

Post a Comment