Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Reminder

Thursday we hauled our gardening tools up to St. Pete and started cutting, pulling and blowing to get the garden in a little better shape. I was getting a cold, so I ran out of steam around 2 pm. Michelle and I picked up the kids from school while Gary tried to get some shelving cut at HD. Graham decided to try on Poppy’s sunglasses. We left around 4 and missed the rain this time. I collapsed into bed with a book while Gary piddled outside. Dinner was leftover chicken casserole, then back to bed.

Feeling not as bad as I thought I might, Friday we had a yummy bagel at Panera’s before Gary’s appt. with Dr. Z. Unfortunately, Dr. Z was called away on an emergency, and since the office didn’t have our cell phone number, they couldn’t get in touch with us. So Gary chewed the fat a little, then we headed to Target to look for curtains for the Nanny’s room. Nothing. Then we headed to JoAnne’s to check out material. I got a swatch of what I think is the best choice, but I’m still not happy with it. I’ll see what Michelle thinks. A very kind lady in line behind me offered a 40% coupon to help with the 4+ yards needed. It expires tomorrow, so I’ll be baaack! Then we stopped by the library for some CDs to load onto our Ipods, grabbed a spooky movie and a couple of books for me. The library for me is like Christmas – only better. I can have anything for free and all I want of it. Thanks, Ben.

Last night we had salmon on the grill, then Gary took a ripe peach, soaked it in Triple Sec and grilled it. We put a little Greek yogurt and sprinkled some tropical trail mix on top. Yummy. (and healthy!)

Today is the anniversary of 9/11 and our thoughts are with those who lost loved ones in this senseless tragedy. We watched some of the ceremonies on TV which brought back memories of where we were and what we were doing on that terrible day. It makes us appreciate how short our lives can be – thus our present situation. Enjoying what we have left. Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and screaming 'WOOO HOOOOO what a ride!'

We agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment