Saturday we decided to clean the vent in the washing machine which meant finding something the right height and strength to hold it when we pulled it out. That sucker is heavy. The footstool to our Flexsteel reclining chair was perfect. In order to not scratch it, we put the kitchen sink lid on top of that.
We turned off the water and unplugged the unit. First we had to remove the front of the drip pan, then slide it out resting it on our holder-upper. We had about 2 inches clearance on either side of the W/D and about 1/2 inch within the drip pan to shimmy it out. Tiny fingers were needed which I have, but strong fingers were needed too, which is why Gary and I are such a good team. Inch by inch we wiggled it out so that we could take a peak behind. Oh, there was a small black Mag-Lite back there! Wonder who lost that?
We removed the silver vent hose, vaccuumed it out, vaccuumed out the back of the unit at the vent opening, and replaced vent hose and the hose clamp. We checked the black hoses and wires for wear and leaks (none) and got our 'grabber' to reach that flashlight.
Gary checked over that flashlight and there was an 'M' on the end of it. Ha - it was his that he had dropped back there a looooong time ago.
While we were working on this project, I was baking some banana bread. Nothing like the aroma of baking sweetbreads. Wish we could share it with you!
Gary had an eye Dr. appointment on Monday - everything is healing slowly and his eyelashes and eyebrows are growing back! We worked on Tuesday, took the Jeep in to get the tires looked at again on Wednesday. She was vibrating badly at 55 mph on the highway, and it turned out she had lost a weight on one wheel. They took her out for a test drive, and all was well.
Another exciting week with a nice view:
Thanks for checking up on us!