Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Gary

Poor Gary. Between his sore face and the job he doesn’t feel is his ‘dream job at Disney’, it’s been pretty tough on him. Wednesday was his birthday and I had to work from 7 am to 3:30. But when I got home, he opened his present from me. I had decorated a red Mickey Mouse ornament while he was out at Home Depot. Here is the front, and the back says ‘May all your wishes come true’.
I do hope all his wishes come true from now on. He is waiting for his recruiter to call him back with some good news.

My job is running the rides in Fantasyland. Yep, I’m the person who will push the buttons to make the cars go on Snow White’s Scary Adventure, The Mad Tea Party, and Winnie the Pooh’s Adventure. I could also be taking your Fast Passes, or showing you which line to stand in. The most important thing for me to remember is Safety First. And there are a billion ways that WDW instigates safety features. I don’t like getting up at 4 am (today I had to be at work at 6 am) but I do get off early.

Tonight Gary met me in the parking lot as I got off the bus so that he could get my parking spot. So we got to kiss hello and goodbye as he won’t be back until tomorrow morning around 1:30 am. This will happen tomorrow, too. But then we are off for a few days together.

It has been very dry around here, even though we were supposed to get rain. Only one clap of thunder was heard around 4:30 am, but no rain. The ponds are so low, there are islands popping up and it’s now so cold (high of 62 today) that the gators are out on the banks getting warm from the sun.
I did get my paychecks today – boy it’s nice to get paychecks again. I just wish you didn’t have to work for them…

I’m really looking forward to the Rally in Tennessee in April and then heading out west. The CG Office Manager has taken a leave of absence, so I was asked if I would like to learn the computer system. When we checked in last September, I made it known that I would like to learn this on a volunteer basis, but the rent goes up next month, so maybe I can work something out.

Anyhow, I’ve been up for 13 hours now, so I need to relax a little before I get up and do it all again.
Nightey-nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment