Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday, April 10, 2010

This morning Gary is at weight and tire safety seminars, I will attend the Geeks on Tour’s ‘Every Rver needs a Blog’ and Linda’s ‘how to pack everything’ seminars. Tonight is a catered dinner and a sock hop for which I borrowed Connie’s poodle skirt. Should be fun… We have learned a lot about a lot and had a ball at our potluck dinner and Family Feud game last night. What a crack-up! There are some very funny people out there, let me tell ya. The days have flown by, and tomorrow is the last morning breakfast and a farewell from L&H. I’m looking forward to the rig walkthroughs this afternoon, too. We’re off tomorrow to Wilmington KOA for two nights, as Gary wants to explore the area, and I want to get this place organized a little better. We keep needing things, and because we threw everything into Bella the last day, I can’t remember if I packed stuff in her, or packed stuff in storage. Could have used a little more time, I guess. But, we’ll manage. I love doing wash in the rig, as it’s a piece of cake. I did seven loads as soon as we got here (the washer/dryer is very small – it would have been two or three loads at home – I mean the house), but even though our bedroom looked like a laundry room for the day, we now have clean clothes. The weather has moved down from the high 80’s into the mid 70’s but it is clear and sunny for the next week. It rained briefly Thursday night to wash away the pollen and there are puddles of yellow all over the roads. We’ve seen some beautiful Carolina Bluebirds attacking a jeep window, swallows that I have yet to identify, and someone mentioned a couple of Eagles soaring above the lake yesterday. I should be outside typing this near our birdseeder we set up. Oh – at the doorprize giveaway I won a suctioncup birdfeeder! Yay! Now all I need is some decent birdseed as no birds are interested in the Walmart brand it seems. Can’t wait to get to Falls Lake SP where there are sure to be lots of birds. Still wrestling with the lease process, but it will get done. Well, I’m off to take some photos. Genecop has a very interesting rig that I will post on the web tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment