Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

A Day in the Life of a Gate Guarder

My day starts at sunrise, something I don't often see.  And look what I've been missing!



 When I'm up and dressed, Gary goes to bed for his 'night's' sleep.  It's been terribly busy since they've begun fracing, with van loads of workers and truckloads of sand in and out every 10 minutes or so.  We need to record every person and vehicle in case there's a accident, the records will reveal who is on site. 

He's pretty wiped, no time for snoozes between trucks. 
Meanwhile the sun is shining, and between rush hours (shifts change at 6 am and pm) I get to do my things:

Practice my violin

Fill the birdseeder (no birds yet)

Check in trucks
 
Read a book


Dust Bella (useless)

 And then there are the sunsets...

This little guy runs across the road frequently.  He has a buddy, too.  First time I've seen a real roadrunner.


We hear reports that there is another well opening behind ours, and then it turns out to be construction.  We like our oil company, and hope we can stay with them, but really hope that we don't have to move at the end of this job.  We'll see when we find out more. 

It's all good.

3 comments:

  1. Sunrise...Sunset... Isn't that a song?? Love the Road Runner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You play the violin? Who knew? You'll have to play us a tune at the next CC gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. Good for you two. Looks like you are making the best of some hard work. I love the roadrunner too!

    ReplyDelete