Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Garage Sale Day

Of course, neither one of us could sleep anticipating the alarm going off – an appliance we don’t like to use. After our cup of coffee, we moved everything out into the driveway and entertained our first prospect. By noon (after our festive Bloody Mary) we had sold almost everything. One woman bought almost every children’s book for a program her daughter was implementing for low-income children in the school system. A car with three ladies and a son behind the wheel shopped from the car as I brought stuff over to them. Now I am not one to ask the highest price for anything. I want to get rid of as much as possible, so maybe I come up with a little less money, but I don’t put anything back! Yay, garage sale day over until we move. Then we will have an ‘estate sale’. Oh, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment