Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

To the Doctors

Another hot one. We did wash, worked on the jeep, tidied the coach, and I did some painting before we got ready for the Doctor’s visit. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the Hunterdon Regional Medical Center where the Cancer Care Center is located. We arrived at 2 and were seen right away – hey, two points. We had heard great things about Dr. Greenberg, and he didn’t disappoint. Good sense of humor mixed with intense listening and some good questions. There was a quick all over exam, ( a quick panic phone call from his daughter about what to do with the car as the engine light came on) more questions, and the answer: “I know what I want to do, but I need to talk to your oncologist and radiologist in Sarasota. Let me see if I can get them on the phone.” He disappeared a few minutes as Gary got dressed, and, of course, had to leave messages for both to return his call. So the answer was, “I will call you by Friday after I hear from them.” He is hoping the area that needs treatment has not been treated before other than during full-body radiation because it’s dangerous to repeat an area. The skin could break down and infection could set in, the tear duct could scar, causing dry eye (a serious condition I found out) or he might need tubes in his tear ducts!

So we wait to hear. We took a little detour on the way home looking for some easily accessible Queen Anne’s Lace weeds that I would like to put in the coach. (I miss my garden a little) and we passed this stone fence. Bob mentioned that the lady that lives here alone did this fence all by herself – and she’s 78 years old! Her garden is beautiful, too.

We expected to see Bob when we got home at 4:30, because his job at Newark Airport is finished. Because of the rotten economy, he will probably be out of a job until next year. Thank goodness for unemployment and unions. New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the nation. It would take half our yearly income just to pay the taxes on his property for one year. Whew.

We’re starting to look at places to spend the winter in Florida. On the recommendation of some campground neighbors a while back in Virginia, we have a name. Unfortunately, their website could really use some spiffing up. Maybe I could do that in exchange for something. There are all kinds of bartering situations out there. All you have to do is ask.
Till tomorrow, stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment